Vanilla Ice Cream
• 1 cup milk
• 2 cups cream
• ¼ cup honey
• 1 tbs vanilla essence
• 4 eggs
Vanilla Choc Chip Ice Cream
• As above but add sugar free choc chips
(don't add choc chips until mixture is in
ice cream maker otherwise they will melt)
Chocolate Ice Cream
• As above but add 1 tbs of cocoa
Strawberry Ice Cream
• As above but add a handful of hulled,
Peppermint Ice Cream
• As above but replace vanilla essence with
Ice cream takes awhile to chill as you are putting it into the machine hot. You can put it in the fridge to cool first and it will be quicker but I prefer straight in as its one less step
You can replace the honey with rice malt syrup if you want to steer clear of fructose completely
These individuals serves helps because it makes you portion control and it also means you don't have to take it out 15 mins before you want to eat it, just pop it out of the mold by running under hot water for 30 seconds.
You can also freeze in a larger container. To eat simple put in the microwave for 15 - 20 seconds before you scoop some out.
If you don't have an ice cream maker you can put the mixture in the freezer until solid (6-8hrs), then take it out, break it up and process in a blender or thermo until soft and return to the freezer. This takes much longer.
15 minutes prep
4hrs ready to eat
Thermo machine or stove and Icecream maker
Thermo Machine Method
• Insert butterfly, add ingredients to thermo, cook
speed 2, 90C (194F) degrees, 10 minutes.
• Pour into ice cream maker and mix for 1.5hrs or
until the mixture is ice cream consistency
• Put the icecream mixture into single serve ice
cream molds and pop in the freezer for at
least 2 hours
Stove Top Method:
• Add all ingredients to a pan, whisk to combine
and, cook for 10 minutes on the stove on a
medium heat while stirring (don't let it boil).
• Follow all remaining steps above
• Note: Prep time will be 15 minutes if you use
stove top as you need to the stir