• Easiyo yogurt mini 1/2L container
(for Large 1L size double quantities)
• Boiling water
• 50g (2oz) good quality natural or greek
yogurt with live cultures
• 30g (1oz) full cream milk powder
• Full cream milk* 350ml (12 ounces) approx
Optional some honey or sugar to sweeten, and other falvours etc vanilla essence or lemon essence
• Boil water and pour into Easiyo thermos to the "fill
• Place remaining ingredients into the Easiyo yogurt
container then fill to the fill line with milk, screw on
the lid and shake for 15 seconds until it is all
• Place yogurt container into the Easiyo thermos and
put on the lid.
• Let it sit for 12 hours
• Put in the fridge for 3 hours
• Make sure you save some of your new yogurt to
seed the next batch
2 minutes prep
15 hours ready to eat
Easiyo Yogurt Thermos, kettle and Fridge
* Make sure your milk has been stored appropriately prior to use (this recipe will be letting good bacteria grow to make yogurt so you want to make sure you use milk with no bad bacteria in it). If you are worried or not sure you can use UHT milk which has been heated before sealing in the packaging to remove any bacteria
Make sure your Easiyo container is well cleaned in very hot water before use
Yogurt can be kept fresh in the fridge for 2-3 weeks
You can buy Easiyo from Coles and Woolies (if your in Australia) or the Easiyo Website (I'm not affiliated with them in anyway).
You can use flavoured yogurt as a starter however unless you add additional flavours the new yogurt will not the same flavour.
If your yogurt does not set solid it is likely the cultures in your yogurt were not alive. Try again with a different yogurt
If you dont have an Easiyo you can instead pour boiling water into a slow cooker or thermo container. Make sure the water goes to1/4 the way up the yogurt container. Cover with a few tea towls and leave for 8-12 hours.