• 1 cup milk
• 250g tub mascaponi cream
• 1/2 cup cream
• ¼ cup honey
• 2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
• 4 eggs
• 2 tsp lemon essence
If you have fussy kids who don't like texture leave out the lemon zest. I quite like it buy my three year old is not a fan
Ice cream takes awhile to chill as you are putting it into the machine hot. You can put it in the fridge to cool first and it will be quicker but I prefer straight in as its one less step
You can replace the honey with rice malt syrup if you want to steer clear of fructose completely
To eat simple put in the microwave for 15 - 20 seconds before you scoop some out.
If you don't have an ice cream maker you can put the mixture in the freezer until solid (6-8hrs), then take it out, break it up and process in a blender or thermo until soft and return to the freezer. This takes much longer.
5 minutes prep
4hrs ready to eat
Thermo machine or stove and Icecream maker
Thermo Machine Method
• Insert butterfly, add ingredients to thermo, cook
speed 2, 90C (194F) degrees, 10 minutes.
• Pour into ice cream maker and mix for 1hrs or
until the mixture is icecream consistency
• Put in the freezer for at least 2 hours
Stove Top Method:
• Add all ingredients to a pan, whisk to combine
and, cook for 10 minutes on the stove on a
medium heat while stirring (don't let it boil).
• Follow all remaining steps above
• Note: Prep time will be 15 minutes if you use
stove top as you need to the stir