• large glass jar with lid
• paper towel
• elastic band
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar
• 1/4 cup milk
2 minutes prep
36 hrs ready to eat
• Combine all ingredients in jar, place on lid and
shake to mix well.
• Remove lid and cover top of jar with kitchen
paper. Secure with elastic band.
• Leave on bench at room temperature for 24 hrs
• The mixture will have separated into a clear
liquid at the bottom and thick cream at the top.
Remove paper towel and stir mixture with a
• If the mixture is not thick enough and still tastes
like cream place back on the bench for a further
• Remove lid and mix again, then store in fridge.
• Mixture will thicken further in the fridge.
• Consume within 2 weeks.
This sour cream is not quite as thick as the commercial brands because it has no nasty thickeners in it. It tastes just as good though!
So easy you'll never buy it again