Fridge and microwave
• 2 tbs coconut milk powder
• 2 tbs coconut oil
• 1 tsp peppermint essence
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 1/2 cup cacoa powder
• 1/2 cup of sugar free smooth peanut butter
• 1/8 cup honey
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Chocolate molds
• Combine peppermint ingredients in a bowl and put
in the fridge for a few minutes while you do the next
• Place chocolate ingredients in separate bowl
and heat in microwave for 30 seconds on high or
until melted and then mix with a spoon*
• Pour half of the chocolate into molds so each
mold is only half full.
• Place a small amount of peppermint into each half
filled chocolate mold. Try to keep the caramel
sauce away from the edge of the molds.
• Pour remaining chocolate into each mold over the
top of the Carmel sauce so it each mold it full.
• Place molds in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
10 minutes prep
40 mins ready to eat
Store in the fridge and eat quickly as they melt at room temperature
While this recipe does have sugar in the form of honey its a very small amount and much less than you would find in commercial chocolate and peppermint.
You can replace the honey with rice malt syrup if you want to remove all fructose but it is less sweet
Check out my Guilt Free Caramel and Chocolate Bites if you love caramel
*If you have a thermo machine you can combine the chocolate ingredients in the thermo for 5 minutes speed 2 90 degrees
You can replace the coconut oil with Cocao butter. It's harder to find, takes a little longer to melt and tastes stronger and less sweet, but the end result is chocolates that dont melt at room temperature