Oven and frypan
20 minutes prep
65 minutes ready to eat
• 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
• 50g butter
• 1 leek trimmed and sliced
• 1/3 cup plain flour
• 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
• 1 BBQ chicken stripped and diced.
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 sprig of rosemary leaves chopped fine
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 tsp butter
• 1 egg whisked
• Remove puff pastry from freezer to defrost
• Preheat oven to 200C (392F) degrees
• Fry step 2 ingredients in a frypan until leek is soft
• Combine step 3 ingredients with a whisk and add to pan
• Add step 4 ingredients, stir until liquid thickens (approx 5 minutes)
• While liquid is thickening brush pie tray with butter and line with 1 pastry sheet.
• Place chicken mixture into pie dish and top with second pastry sheet.
• Brush egg over pastry
• Bake in oven for 45 minutes
Don't throw away your chicken carcass. Throw it in your slow cooker with carrots,celery, salt and pepper and cover in water. 8 hours later delicious stock for free! Recipe coming soon.
If you want to veggie this up add some frozen peas and/or a small can of corn kernels